Hello there - I would like to enter my art journal page here into the following challenges today:
Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed Media
Creative Inspiration - Anything Goes
Outlawz July Anything But a Card
Paper Funday #89 - AG/Optional Summer Splash
So this was an art journal page that I started working on for a guest designer spot, but it did not turn out the way I envisioned it. That's not to say I don't "like" it, I do - but it's not what I wanted. One of my biggest pet peeves about it is the way you can see the Distress Crayon marks - they didn't blend well. I could have done something about it and layered ink on top or something, but I just wasn't "feeling it". I didn't want to spend a ton of time on it - I had a new idea and wanted to run with it. Does that ever happen to you? Sometimes I get an idea while I'm laying in bed and I can hardly sleep until I get up and give it a try to see if it will come out the way I'm envisioning. Anyway! it's still a cute art journal page! I used texture paste through my Love Waterfall stencil from A Colorful Life Designs (you can use code JennFan10 for 10% off) and then applied Mica Spray Stain in Cocktail Party to the dried hearts. I made the "wreath" from stamps from the My Tribe set at Tracey Hey/Alpaca Pals - I stamped the birdie in the middle and colored him with Copics. Everything else was colored with Mica Sprays and Stickles. Peace.
.png)
This page has lots of interest and texture. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we love seeing your creativity!
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
I like the crayon marks! I think it adds to the texture; but I understand when you have something different in mind, it can be an issue. I love the sentiment with this little fellow and the colors are wonderful! So happy you shared with us at The Outlawz Anything but a Card. Katrina
ReplyDelete