Monday, September 28, 2026

Halloween Cards

 I can hardly express how much I LOVE making Halloween cards! LOL  Let's just say anyone with a birthday anywhere close to Halloween pretty much gets a Halloween-themed birthday card! hee hee ;)

I have 2 cards to share today, this first one is for the following challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - AG or Use a Die (must use Penny Black product as focal point)

Cut it Up #365 - Orange and Black (must use die cuts)

Tic Tac Toe #302 (I used orange, plaids/checks, and pumpkins as well as die cuts, free, and embossing)

I used papers from Authentique and die cut the pumpkin, the tab with the sentiment, the corner spiderweb, and the deckled edge nesting circles (Mama Elephant). I stamped the owl (and sentiment) from Penny Black's Pumpkin Pals with Versafine Black and embossed with clear embossing powder, then colored with Copics. Finished it off with a little bat brad. 

...............................

And my next card is for the following challenges:

Die Cut Divas - Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose

Paper Funday - AG/Optional Sketch (I did use the sketch!)

Colorful Options September - Color Board/Browns


I used all reused/repurposed scraps and backgrounds from my stash for this entire card - I had created 2 panels of the background piece so I die cut one using a deckled edge rectangle die and layered it on top of the spiderweb die (I had been using that as a stencil so it's layered up with lots of pretty inks and glitters). I followed the sketch with a die cut broom, crystal ball, and spider, adding a little sticker from a Tim Holtz sticker book. Peace.

8 comments:

  1. Very very cute card, Jenn! Love that owl and the pretty plaid you chose. Thanks for joining us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for joining in with Cut it Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous design. So spooky and fun. Thanks for sharing at Cut it Up Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great cards. The 2nd one is a great take on the sketch layout. Thank you so much for playing along with The Paper Funday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your halloween owl is just adorable, Jenny! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both your cards. The second card's background colors are rather spooky and a great up-cycled piece. Great card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Halloween cards! You've inspired me to finish up mine and get them posted. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge, and sharing your lovely project. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just a darling little owl card! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge! 💕 Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete