Pages

Friday, August 7, 2026

Magic - Creative Artiste Guest DT

 Hello again! I'm back as the guest designer for this month at the

Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge!

I made an art journal page, I love using mixed media in my art journal!





I love the way an art journal page comes together - slowly layering inks, stamps, stencils, and more - until you feel like it's becoming what you envisioned. Or not! LOL I used yellow inks to create the "full moon" and then applied Black Soot Distress Oxide ink through a moon stencil I have, leaving the yellow glow around it and laying some crackle paste through the scene and then sponging more yellow on that. I then used some Versafine Black through a moth stencil and embossed it with clear sparkly embossing powder. I used some die cut trees (Tall Evergreen Tree dies from Memory Box) that I cut out of text paper, and the Magic die cut sentiment (I used both the positive and negative dies from that one) from the Fun with Words 2 die set at Whimsy Stamps. The witch clipart is from ThePrintablesWtch on Etsy.  I added random stenciling, stamping, and spritzing with gold Mica Spray. I was quite pleased with the end result BUT - this was my 2nd try. LOL  The first page I made did not come out AT ALL like I pictured it. I was still happy with it, but it wasn't what I wanted. You know what I mean?  But that's what I love about my art journal - it's just a learning process and I can use that page to look back and reflect on how sometimes things come out nice even if it's not what you were expecting!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Passion for Markers - Favorite Embellishments (die cuts)

Two Old Bats - Anything Halloween Goes

Outlawz Anything But a Card

Outlawz Main August Linky

A Cut Above - AG/Optional Fall Twist (must use die cuts)

Thank you for visiting! Peace.

3 comments:

  1. How cute this journal page is so adorable with many areas of media applied, I especially love those die cut book page trees. So nice to have you as GD with this fabulous creation, thank you for creating for us. Happy creative August Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and creative page!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    Two Old Bats Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic journal page Jenn! I love the way you use MM on your projects. Those pine trees with the newsprint backing look great. Thank so much for sharing your inspiration with A Cut Above's August Challenge.
    Vicki - ACA Owner

    ReplyDelete