Pages

▼

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Let's Brew Up Some Fun!

 Gloomy, rainy day today - we are in the middle of a nor'easter, so I'm just glad it's September and not SNOW!!! I'm going to spend the day in my craft room and throw on a pot of beef stew later, I make a badass beef stew if I do say so myself! Spending time in my kitchen is my 2nd favorite way to spend a rainy day!

I had a blast making the background for this scenic card below, which I'd like to enter into the following challenges:

Friends of Sweet November Weekly FB Challenge (create a scene)

Simon Says Stamp Monday - Make Your Own Background

AllSorts #859 - Anything Autumn

Passion for Markers - For a Child

Just Us Girls #842 - Stencil Week

I had so much fun making this background - I LOVE making night scenes and full-moon scenes! For this one, I started with my layering full moon stencil from Spellbinders. I used different shades of yellow Distress Oxide Inks on watercolor paper, continuing the yellow beyond the stencil edges to create the "glow". I then blended some Chipped Sapphire, Villainous Potion, and Black Soot around the rest of the card, going heavy on the black on the card edges. I die cut the fence from Kraft cardstock and stamped the sentiment (My Favorite Things) with Versafine Black, then embossed with a sparkly clear embossing powder. I printed out Flying with Charlie and & Drusilla's Bat from Sweet November Stamps, colored with Copics, fussy cut, and attached with foam tape. Peace.

6 comments:

  1. What a great scene you've created with that cutie little witch as the star! The is fun. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun 'witchy' card perfect for our new Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of Halloween cuteness here... Thanks for playing with us at Allsorts challenge and using our theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Jenn, another super cute Halloween card and I love the sky/background on this one. Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glow of your stenciled moon lights up that little witch perfectly, Jenn. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, far too cute to spook!! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete