Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hot Stuff

So it turns out my mom's arm/elbow situation is "worst case scenario."  It's basically broken in 3 places and she will be getting surgery tomorrow - which also happens to be her 64th birthday.  They will most likely put a prosthetic bone in her arm, she'll be in a cast for about 2 weeks and then have aggressive physical rehabilitation for several weeks.  She'll be in pain and she cannot drive until it heals.  So I'm about 75% sure I'll be heading there to help out - but I can't tell my mom that or she will forbid it.  LOL   So I'm going to have to be sneaky.  Cass leaves for her already-planned trip back East next Tuesday.  I'm thinking I'll probably head out a week or two after her, and stay for 2-3 weeks and then just have us both fly home together.  I just feel a sense of responsibility being the oldest child and the only one who really can help... my sister works full-time and lives 1/2 hour away from my mom and my brother is a useless derelict.  And my poor step-dad just sounds so distraught... I have to do something.  I want to see how the surgery goes - I worry about my mom because she's been a heavy smoker for about 45 years now.  *sigh*  I am sorry to go on and on... I really appreciate all of your kind words and supportive comments.  Thanks so much for that.  Sending you all a giant hug.

Today I have a card for the:



I used Lilith from the Tickled Pink line at CC Designs, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  Papers are digi papers (not sure from where but it was definitely a freebie, the file name is "Tonya Love Fun Sun"), and I added a ribbon tag, some gemstone brads, and a flat-back Glow Skull.  Peace.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry about your mum's arm hope she gets well soon!!
    Love your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, Jenn! Hoping for the best possible result for your Mom. Love the adorable card. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man Jenn...you are really being tested. Stay strong and think positive thoughts. I will say a prayer that things work themselves out...I hope your Mom's surgery goes well and my deepest sympathy to your "dad". I'm sure they know you would be by their side in a heartbeat. Things will work out...sending you a HUG!

    Ps...the card is adorable. I will have to check out this CC Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! fab image and great layout, thank you for playing along with us at Left of Center.

    Shelley x

    ReplyDelete