Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 8 and Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge: Tarot Cards or Symbols

Hello friends - Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others, anything at all.

My advice is to smile more.  Just smile.  You'd be amazed how good it feels.  You simply cannot be in a bad mood while smiling.  
 Go ahead, try it.  Smile.  Yes, right now, for no reason.  Well, because I love you.  There, see?  You smiled, right?  Didn't it feel good?  Isn't it hard to be grumpy with a big old grin on your face?

I found a great list of the top 10 reasons to smile:

1. Smiling makes you more attractive.  :)
2. Smiling changes our mood (see??).
3.) Smiling is contagious (see again? LOL).
4.) Smiling relieves stress.
5.) Smiling boosts your immune system.
6.) Smiling lowers your blood pressure.
7.) Smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin.
8.) Smiling lifts the face and makes you look younger.
9.) Smiling makes you seem more successful.
10.) Smiling helps you stay positive.

You can check out the complete article here.

I'm amazed at how many people don't smile.  I'm amazed at how many comments I get because I do smile - a lot.  I love to smile, I love the way it makes me feel and I love the way it makes others feel.  I usually get one of two reactions when I smile at strangers in public - which I do, despite (or maybe because of?) my social anxieties around crowds.  Folks either look pleasantly surprised and smile back or they look quickly away, not wanting to make eye contact or have to return the smile.  I feel bad for those folks.  So if you're one of them, do me a favor and return the smile the next time some crazy girl like me offers you one in the grocery store, the post office, or just walking down the street.  Just smile.  It's easy to do, it's free, and it just might make you and the person you're smiling at feel good - and you'll be spreading sunshine before you know it.  ;) *************************************************************
I just have one thing to share today - my ATC for the new challenge at:


The tarot symbols are cups, wands, pentacles, and swords - I focused on swords for this ATC, using Mermaid's Revenge from our sponsor Delicious Doodles, colored with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits.  This image is so beautiful, I just basically printed it out ATC-sized and mounted it crooked on another piece of ATC-sized DP.  Sentiment was added with my Dymo Caption Maker.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment