Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day - Delicious Doodles: Remembering

Today we celebrate Veteran's Day in the United States - a day to thank our veterans for all they have done and continue to do.  I have many veterans and active duty servicemen in my family and social circle, but I have never had to deal with the heartache of losing someone I love to a war.  I hope I never do.  Thank you, veterans.

And so today I bring you this card for the:


I used the Gravestones image and printed out the text in my word processing program.  I spritzed a piece of white cardstock with Silver Foil Smooch Spritz and used that as my card base.  Tied a black ribbon around it and left it - didn't want to overload with embellies on this one.  I think it speaks for itself.  Peace.

6 comments:

  1. What a moving card - says soooo much. Perfect Veteran's Day creation. Wow.

    BTW, I read your comment in your profile to the left a few weeks ago about being a Chemo Angel. I looked into it and joined up. It is soooo rewarding - thanks so much for inspiring me.

    Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Jenn! Sometimes less is more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful and says it all. Thank you for using a Delicious Doodle and sharing this project with us at Delicious Doodles challenge. Good luck, Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely thank you for sharing it with us at Delicious Doodles and using a Delicious Doodles Image
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card thankyou for joining us at Delicious Doodles
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very disturbing imagery but it definitely makes the point. I cannot agree with you enough.

    ReplyDelete