Friday, August 31, 2012

Dilly Beans & Anyone for Anya

Happy Friday!  We got news that Kaylee had surgery on her hip and it went well and that they are going to try to start weaning her off the ventilator today.  Fingers crossed.  Please continue to keep her in your thoughts & prayers.

We have a new challenge today at:


I used green for my additional color, obviously.  :)  I love this Seahorse image from Dilly Beans, and I colored her with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits and Stickles.  DP is from My Mind's Eye, ribbon is from SU! Sentiment is from SRM Stickers and gemstone stickers are from my stash.

Next up is my card for this week's:


I had fun with this one and took my time.  I used a cool clock stencil that I have and used a teal ink pad to apply it to white cardstock.  I then stamped Syren from TGF's Creeper Crew in black directly onto the pattern.  I colored her with Prismacolor markers, Prismacolor pencils, and mineral spirits and used Dazzling Diamonds glitter on  her tail and eyes. DP is from Authentique, ribbon and brads are from SU!  I printed out the text in my word processing program.  You know how crafting can be therapeutic?  That's how this was for me.  It was fun to make and I really love how it came out.  Hope you all have a great weekend.  Peace.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Jenn - I especially love the Dilly Beans card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Jenn, you know how much I love you cards ALWAYS....

    but I have been horrible about popping by and am just catching up on the news about Kaylee. most certainly she will be in my prayers, but so will you & your daughter.

    and happy belated anniversary to you and your hubby! congrats on 19 years!

    hope you have a wonderful weekend! hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how i love the seahorse and the colors are so amazing, and your 2nd card is cute, i love the colors and your coloring is always so nice

    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love 'em both! I really, really love that Dilly Beans seahorse! It's fabulous! and I think the clocks on the Anya card are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenn, great TGF Mermaid card..I love the clocks so original..

    Thank you for joining the ANYONE FOR ANYA CHALLENGE- inspired by time,

    See you soon again..
    Hugs AFA DT Blankina

    ReplyDelete