Friday, July 6, 2012

Dilly Beans, Waste Not Wednesday, & Outlawz

Good morning!  This was a strange week, wasn't it?  For those of us in the US who had a holiday smack-dab in the middle of the week, it just feels weird!  LOL  Well, it is Friday, so we have a new challenge for you over at:


I am also entering this into the:

Wishcraft Waste Not Wednesday Challenge


I had a pocket that I had saved from a pair of jeans that were being thrown away, so I decided to use that.  I glued it to the back of a Smash Book that I'm putting together for my daughter's BFF, my 2nd daughter Missy.  I printed out the Posies from Dilly Beans, and the butterfly, colored and fussy-cut them all, and applied with liquid glue.  I printed out "Ring around the rosie, pocket full of posies" and outlined it with Stickles.  By the way, the pocket is functional - I saved the lining so that's what is adhered to the page, you can actually put stuff into the pocket although I wouldn't put anything too heavy in there.

My next card is for:

The Outlawz 2000 Member Party Challenge - Sketch

My sweet owl image is from Dilly Beans, and I added some pink rick rack and buttons.  Simple, but I like it.  Her eyes are outlined in Stickles.
Peace.

5 comments:

  1. this is so cute! perfect way to decorate a Smash book! I need to get to work on mine in a mighty way. I am so far behind.... yikes!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is that pocket, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and creative, Jenn! LOVE this idea! Your owl is adorable too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a real pocket - what a great idea... I must try that! Love your pretty owl card too. Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are awesome! The pocket on the first and the pink owl on the second are amazing!

    ReplyDelete