Monday, May 21, 2012

Missing Mel and ADFD - Vintage + Polka Dots

I just have to start today by remembering my dear friend Melanie, who died 2 years ago today from cancer.  
 (Mel and me, August 2009)
I can't believe it's been 2 years - in some ways it feels like it was just yesterday and in other ways it feels like it's been longer than 2 years... not one day has gone by that I haven't thought about her.  She's the first person I've lost that I can say that about.  Not one single day.  I love you, Mel.

Well, I did get to see the eclipse last night thanks to my husband's welder glasses - but I didn't get any good pictures.  I didn't realize I'd need some special equipment for my camera in order to get good pics - oh well!  It was cool just watching it.

I have this card to share with you for the:


I used one of the adorable new clown images from ADFD, colored with Prismacolor markers, pencils, and mineral spirits.  I paper-pieced her dress & hat and added brads and ribbon from SU!
Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Love this ADFD card Jenn - cute clown image & great polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Jenn, I'm so sorry you're feeling sad at the moment - sending lots of hugs your way. Marie xxx
    P.S. Fab dotty card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! I'm working on one for this challenge too. Thinking of joining the club. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard to lose a friend. May your happy memories comfort you. xxD

    ReplyDelete