Thursday, December 22, 2011

Heart Journal & Dare To Be Sassy Thursday

I can't believe we're already at week 22 for the Greeting Farm's Heart Journaling Challenge!  The theme this week was MUSIC and here's my interpretation:


I used DP from 7Gypsies, spritzed with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz.  I printed out the images from deviantart - the text is a digi stamp from Tiddly Inks, which is a quote from the James Taylor song "Fire and Rain".  When I was searching for a digi image to use on this journal page and I saw this quote, it made me start singing the song in my head.  It spoke to me, I guess. 

 I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again

I can relate to James - I've had good times that I took for granted and bad times that I conquered, even when I didn't think I would.  And I think we should all treat the people we love as if we might never see them again.  Does music speak to you, too?  I just love music, I've been brought to tears over lyrics that touch me.  Kinda dorky, I know, but I'm nothing but me.  Can't help it.  This art journal has been a great way to express my feelings on paper using my favorite medium - art.  It's really been therapeutic and I'm so glad I decided to play along.
 **************************
Next up - I happen to be a guest designer over at Sassy Studio this month, and it's been a lot of fun!  I love their images, they are so realistic and fun to color.  Today's new challenge is:


I colored with Prismacolor markers, and used DP from My Mind's Eye.  I used DP to cover a package of white hot chocolate, and decorated to match the card.  I added some blue gemstone stickers and the "HUGS" sentiment is a rub-on from Stampin' Up!

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself and YES! Music definitely speaks to me. Some of my best art is born from my favorite songs.
    Love your gift! Now I want to have some hot chocolate...with marshmallows...mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journal pages Jenn - great colour and effect!!

    ReplyDelete