Monday, August 1, 2011

Lots of STUFF...

I have quite a bit to share with you today, so sit back and relax.  ;)  I had a marathon creating session yesterday, and still managed to sit in the sun for an hour with Cass and then make a yummy baked ziti for dinner.  I love Summer, I love the carefree-ness of it!  OK so the first creation is for the:

This is the inspiration photo we were given:


And here is the ATC that I made for this challenge, which I'm also linking up to the Make it Monday Linky Party:
The butterfly images are from Dilly Beans, colored with Prismacolor markers.  The text is a digi stamp from Tiddly Inks.  DP is from Crate Paper, ink and ribbon are from Stampin' Up!  

Next - I told you I'd share my art journal pages that I'm making as part of The Greeting Farm's Heart Journaling class, and I decided to actually enter my pages into a couple of challenges this week, that's how much my skills improved in ONE week.  I'm so proud.  :)  So here are the pages:


And the challenges I'm entering them into are:

Stampin' Royalty - Summer

Craft Your Days Away - Summer

Anyone for Anya - No Patterned Paper

I used Gesso on my pages, let them dry.  Then I mixed some paints with water to create the watered-down sand and sky.  Then I took some gray paint and finger-painted a rock and some smaller rocks.  I let it all dry and then stamped Syren in Versafine ink and embossed her.  I colored her in with Prismacolor markers.  The sand is sprinkled with clear glitter, and the starfish are made from wooden stars covered in champagne colored glitter. 

And last for today is my card for the:
I used the adorable Gnome Surprise image, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  I used White Fun Flock on their beards and eyebrows, it's so cute in real life!  LOL  The paper is from My Mind's Eye and the ribbon and cardstock are from Stampin' Up!  PHEW - that's it, see you tomorrow!  Peace.

16 comments:

  1. Jenn you are such a busy bee - I lvoe all your cards - the Dilly Bean Butterfly card is great so bright and cheery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, these are so fabulous! Your gnome card is adorable, your art journaling is lovely (I really like that quote) and your ATC...amazing! (I totally want one. LOL) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you've been busy ... love your ATC ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful creations here.. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such FABULOUS work! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day, so productive: craft time, mommy/daughter time, and ZITI! I am so jealous!

    Your cards are fantastic and I love your journal. Super awesome just like you!!

    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a busy person you have been. Love the butterflies on your first card and those gnomes are too cute. Great journal page too. Saw you over at Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is fab.. love hose butterflies and the pretty colours
    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well , interesting visit here , with wonderful variety of projects thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that journal page is GORGEOUS Jenn!!!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenn, I love all of your work. The starfish are so cute in your journal.

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an cute card.... Saw your lovely card at Make it Monday.

    Hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Art Journal pages. Wish I had time to make one myself! Thanks for joining in at Anyone for Anya this week.
    Susan xxox(AFA DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how cool to share your heart journal with us at AFA! Great quote, fun textures and colors! Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya this week! :)

    ReplyDelete