Saturday, August 27, 2011

JSL NEW Challenge & Final MPS Saturday Spotlight

I am hosting the new challenge at Just Some Lines, which starts today.  The theme is
I decided to make several projects - this first one is an ATC using Amber April Showers:
 

Next is a bookmark I made using Amber Reads:
And last is my FAVORITE - it's a desk-top calendar:

I sprayed a couple of chipboard coasters with Smooch Spritz in Log Cabin & Gold Foil.  I then colored Bonsai Bear and Bonsai Bear Sleeps with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits, fussy-cut them and adhered them with Mod Podge.  I printed out the calendar pages and used brads to attach them to a piece of dark brown cardstock.  I used a light coat of Mod Podge to attach to the coaster.  I then punched holes in the coasters with my Crop-a-Dile and tied pieces of dark brown ribbon through the holes to hold it together.  I want to make a bunch of these calendars to give as Christmas gifts this year.
Next up is my very last ever Saturday Spotlight card for Michelle Perkett Studio.  :(  Michelle is closing her Paper Craft Planet group and challenge blog, and I will miss it very much but I wish her the best of luck in all of her endeavors, and I'm sure she's got a lot of them planned!  Here's "Fire" from the Elements series:


I colored my image with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits and SU! markers and I used SU! cardstock, DP, markers, brads, and glitter.

Well, we're expecting Hurricane Irene to hit us late tonight, early tomorrow morning - so I have to get to the store and get some food and stuff.  Yeah, I know - it's going to be a freaking ZOO.  *sigh*  Tomorrow also happens to be mine & Jeremy's 18th anniversary, but I don't think we'll be going out with winds whipping around at 60-80 mph, so I'm thinking we'll go out to dinner to celebrate later tonight instead and then batten down the hatches tomorrow!  :)
Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome creations Jenn! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete