Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Michelle Perkett - Inspired By Song!

I had fun making a card for this week's challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio - the them is Inspired By Your Favorite Song!  Now don't forget to also use one of Michelle's images!

When I saw this image, I thought of one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs - "Going to California" - particularly the verse "Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers... in her hair..."  *sigh*  I love Led Zep.  :)  Anyway - here's my card:


I am also entering this card into the following challenges:




The image is called "Emma the Amore Fairy" - I colored her with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits and used some clear glitter from EK Success.  DP is from 7Gypsies - ribbon & button are from my stash.  :)  Peace.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jenn - love the beautiful image and the colouring.
    Thank you so much for joining us at the MAWTT challenge this week.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jenn and it works so well with the song! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card I love that you have used music note backing paper for the song challenge - genius!

    Thanks for sharing your card and your favourites with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge

    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, this is gorgeous. Love the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh is this ever beautiful! You're right, the image is perfect for the song. Love it and that background paper is gorgeous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jenn, I love the vibrant colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful creation! Thank you so much for entering it in the SFTW challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn, this is such a lovely card with the Amore Fairy and that line from Going to California is so perfect! Beautifully colored, I love her rosy cheeks:) Than you for your beautiful inspiration for all of us this week!

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty!! I love how the yellow just POPS! Isn't it funny how the littlest thing can remind you of a song... =D Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete