Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tiddly Inks, ABC, Dutch Dare & All That Scraps

~Happy Sunday~
I can hardly believe it but Trevor only has 2 more weeks of school.  Yesterday I received graduation info in the mail and it just made it so.... real.  LOL  Trev goes to a small school that specializes in kids with "social and emotional disorders" like Asperger's, so everything is done on a smaller level and feels more personal.  I love it.  On May 24th, they are having a "graduation breakfast" at a local restaurant for the graduates and their parents.  I bought a special gift for Trev's favorite teacher (she's my favorite, too - shhhhh) and the principal of the school.  I will write more and share pics once I have given the gifts, I don't want to spoil the surprise!  I also made thank-you cards, bookmarks, and gift card holders for some of his other teachers, his clinician, and the assistant principal.  It definitely comes in handy having a hobby that results in unique and special hand-made gifts!

Anyway - on to business!  First up is my card for the:

and


I used the Tiddly Inks "Old Book" image and "Schoolgirl" image and the sentiment is under the book's cover... I had fun making this little notecard so that the book cover opened instead of the entire card.  Cardstock is from SU!  Letter stickers are from my stash and the Dr. Seuss quote was printed out in my word processing program.

Next up - I cannot put down this new paper I got from My Mind's Eye, I had to use it for this next card, which I am entering into the following challenges:

and

I used one of the Swiss Pixie angels and paper-pieced her clothes and boots. I used Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits on her skin and hair, and SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter on her wings.  I like the simplicity of this card, hope you do too.  :)

Peace. 

8 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwww...Jenn!! Both cards are simply beautiful and SO thoughtful!!! Love the TI book - of COURSE! But you totally rocked both of these gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fabulous! Love the hidden sentiment and I reallu must remember it, it is perfect fr a bookmark or something like that! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweety!!! Oh my gosh both cards are just adorable - and I LOVE how you chose to open the book on the first card...what a great idea! Your coloring is delicious!! Love visiting your blog!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! Great book for the TI cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love your book idea n the first card! Both cards are amazing!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jenn! How fabulously clever! Love yout TI card and the other is super sweet too! wonderful work, hon! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards Jenn! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  8. H, What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge.
    Hugs,Minna

    ReplyDelete