Friday, May 27, 2011

Ribbon Girl & Pink Elephant

This is it - Trevor's LAST day of high school.  OMG.  I can hardly believe it.  We have a pretty low-key weekend planned, I am going to a little party/cook-out on Sunday and then we are having a graveside memorial service for Maryann (my father-in-law's wife)  for the one-year anniversary of her death on Monday.  A few people will come back to the house after - this is important to Richie, because he was in the hospital with life-threatening injuries at the time of the calling hours and funeral last year, so he really hasn't had that chance to grieve with others even after all this time.  People ask me how he's doing - and you know, you feel like people don't want the real answer, you know?  Because the real answer is - he'll never be "doing good."  He will never get over losing the love of his life.  His life will never be the same.  So some days are better than others, you know?  The cruelest truth of all is that life goes on after we lose someone we love - but sometimes we have a hard time going on with it.  Luckily, he's got a good support system between family and a few good friends.  Monday will be hard, but we'll help him get through it.

OK I know you're here for the cards - so here you go... I had a BLAST making this card for the following 2 challenges:

and


I used the adorable Syren from The Greeting Farm, along with the Seaside Rocks digi image from Just Some Lines.  Everything is colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits, and Prismacolor markers.  Cardstock, punches, brads, and pink crinkle ribbon all from SU!  Purple ribbon is from my stash.  Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Trevor!! What a bittersweet weekend - enormous pride for Trevor and incredible sadness for Richie and yourselves! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers this weekend my friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sweet, thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge

    I hope things go okay for Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute Fun card Jenn!! Thanks so mcuh for sharing with The Pink elephant this go round! HUGS -LORi

    ReplyDelete