Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sweet Stuff

I am loving the nicer weather we've been having, I have left my house more in the past week than I did all winter!  LOL  I think I am suffering from some allergies, though, I seem to get a headache in my face (sinus pressure?) every time I leave the house.  UGH.  I don't even care, though, it's worth it to see the sun shining.

I have 2 cards to share with you today - this first one is for the following challenges:
 I used this adorable Sugar Sticks digi image from By Lori Designs and colored them with Prismacolors & mineral spirits.  I used cardstock, DP, ribbon and brads from SU!  Colors are Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Basic Gray. 

The next card is a card I made for my daughter Cassidy's birthday yesterday, this one was made for her grandfather to give to her.  His gift to her was to pay for her Driver's Education class, so he wanted me to make her a card "with a car on it" - hee hee  I knew I was up to THAT challenge, and it came out so cute that I decided to enter it into the following challenges:

I used Sassy Suzi from the Greeting Farm, the word "Sweet" from the "Sweet & Toxic" set at TGF, and drew the "16".  The corvette digi image is from Doodle Palace (she WISHES she'd be driving a corvette... she's stuck with my 2002 VW Jetta for now... LOL).  I colored with Prismacolors & mineral spirits, as well as my SU! markers.  Cardstock, DP, punches & ribbon from SU!
So most of you know that Cass turned 16 yesterday - I took her for her driving learner's permit first thing in the morning.  She was so cute - she was terrified.  hee hee  She did fine, she passed.  So then I let her do some driving for a while - I had forgotten how exciting it is to drive when you're 16.  So cute.  She told me "anywhere you want to go, I'll take you.  If you want to go to Mexico, you just tell me and I'll drive."  We live in Massachusetts.  ROFL!  :)  I love this kid.  OK have a nice weekend and peaceful and happy Easter tomorrow, my friends.  Be sure to come check out my blog tomorrow, it's my first day posting as a DT member for Just Some Lines.  :)  Peace. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Such cute images!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
    Have a fabulous Easter Weekend!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles with your lovely work!

    Happy Easter!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties, your card is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant creations hun!
    Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, good luck with the draw!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEk, how CUTE, Jenn! Love that vintage corvette! Hope you had a great Easter. xxD

    ReplyDelete