Sunday, February 20, 2011

Creative Inspirations

Ugh - had a migraine Friday night, which left me basically useless yesterday.  Luckily, I prepare my blog posts ahead of time!  Today I plan to spend the day at my table making a bunch of cards for challenges.  For now, this card is for the:



This is another of the cards I made for my friend - using the Fairy from the Pure Innocence line at My Favorite Things.   Colors are SU! Whisper White and Pretty in Pink.

I have to tell you a story, because it really touched me.  The friend I am making these cards for, her name is Sherry.  Sherry lost her young daughter Katie to cancer years ago, and we actually became friends through a cancer organization we both volunteered with about 10 years ago.  When she asked me to make her some cards, I had her look at some of my galleries and my blog to see what she liked, and she chose this fairy.  In Friday's post, I mentioned that this fairy is from the Pure Innocence line at My Favorite Things.  Sherry e-mailed me saying that she felt this was a sign from Katie, as Katie loved the song "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music, she made Sherry sing it to her over and over during her last 24 hours.  I didn't even know this, but I got goosebumps as I read her e-mail.  Unfortunately, I have lost too many loved ones to cancer - and I do believe that Katie was sending this little message of love through me, like Sherry said.  It was just... awesome.  :)

Hope you all have a relaxing, happy Sunday.  :)  Peace.

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card hun! Thanks for joining in this week with our Plain & Simple theme over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday’s Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the image is adorable, thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete