Friday, February 18, 2011

Cardabilities Sketch Challenge & RAK's

Happy Friday!  :)

My friend asked me to make her a set of 10 cards using this adorable fairy image from My Favorite Things' Pure Innocence line.  This is one of the cards I made, and I used the sketch from the:


Cardabilities Sketch Challenge




 Colors are SU!  Rose Red and Pretty Pink, I paper-pieced her dress.

 Check out TiddlyInks challenge blog today - this card below is featured today as a Fabulous Inky Friday find :


 This card is for one of Christy's (the artist) friends, who is turning 40 next month.  I used SU! colors in Whisper White, Basic Black, and Real Red.

So I stumbled across this blog the other day and I was inspired.  I decided to do something along the same lines... I want to compliment someone every day for the next 2 weeks.  I started yesterday - it has to be someone random, and it has to be a genuine compliment that will make the person feel good... not just "oh I like your shirt."  For example, yesterday I was on Facebook and an old friend from high school posted something, which made her picture pop up on my wall.  I thought to myself "gosh, she's so pretty - she gets prettier every time I see a picture of her!"  Then I thought to myself "why do we THINK things like this, but rarely actually SAY it?"  So I did - I posted a comment on her Facebook wall saying exactly that - "every time I see a picture of you, you get prettier and prettier."  And you know what?  She wrote back on MY wall thanking me, and saying that I made her day.  That made ME feel good.  See where I'm going with this?  Making other people feel good is contagious... So I'm going to keep it up - for at least 2 weeks, I will do that every single day.  I'll let you know what happens.  Peace.

1 comment:

  1. hiyah jenn!! i love this card hun, those red boots are so sassy!!! hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete