Friday, August 27, 2010

Change of plans...

Sometimes life just throws a curve ball at you and you have to deal with it. Sometimes you make plans and they just don't work out - and sometimes even though that happens, it actually works out for the best.


California did not work out - we never made it. It's a long story and I'm not going to get into it here but suffice it to say we will remain in Massachusetts. But we didn't know that until everything we owned had already been shipped... so all of my stuff is in a storage unit 3000 miles away. *sigh* Can I just tell you that I tear up every time I think of my stamps... my paper, my colored pencils... OK and my kids' baby books and photo albums... I just have to remember that I'll have them back eventually. Anyway, we had already given up the home we rent, so we're currently staying with Jeremy's family. I'll fill you in more on that later, but I wanted to share some cool pics I had taken with my awesome new camera at my parent's pool in early August.


This is Papa - he's my dad. He got the kids involved in a ball game in the pool that turned into a competition of who could catch the ball in the air or by doing funky jumps and stuff, it was a fun day. :)





This is my nephew Eric, he's 19, doing a flip into the pool - and this was my first time using the action mode on my camera, so you can press the button continuously for consecutive shots, it's really cool:



Same thing with my daughter Cassidy, she's 15:


Eric walking on water? I knew he was good, but... LOL
Being silly:



Eric falling into the pool - hee hee:
This is my other nephew, Josh, he's almost 13:
Love that smile:


 Soooo - I am not sure when I'll be back to blogging/stamping, but hopefully not too much longer. The kids go back to school on Wednesday - Trevor will be a SENIOR and is so excited to graduate, and I am so excited that he'll be graduating from the school that has been so very good to and for him! Cassidy will be going to the school that she wanted to go to and is going to have to BUST HER BUTT this year, and she knows it and seems willing to do it. She's a sophomore, 10th grade. I'm just trying to stay positive about life - people keep telling me what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... I just want to say "OK OK - I am strong enough now! No more!"
But as the song says - I WILL SURVIVE. Stay tuned for future updates. Peace.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like they had a great time in the pool. As for your curve ball, hang in there....it will get better..you are strong my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your blog to catch up on what is happening. Just wanted to let you know I am saying a prayer for you. Hope things get better for you VERY soon!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete