Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer

Well, I've started packing. It feels so much more real now that I've actually started packing my stuff, knowing the next time I unpack it will be 3000 miles away. I have been a little bit anxious, but a lot excited. I'm mostly nervous about leaving my friends and family, of course. Every time we do something, see someone, I think "I won't be able to do this or see these people anymore when I'm living in California..." *sigh*
So I've been bringing my camera with me everywhere I go, and taking lots of pictures. I realized I had no recent pics of my sisters-in-law, so I took this cute one of them together last week. Kelsey is on the left, Brittney on the right:

And these are my daughters - ha ha- Cassidy is my real daughter, her BFF Jamie (on the right) is my practically-adopted daughter:

These 2 have known each other since they were babies, and have been best friends since they were about 8, I think. They are 15 now. I am super proud of Cassidy because when we talked about moving, she actually really understood that even though she has a million friends, there are only a few that are her "real" friends and that she will keep in touch with them whether we live here, in California, or on the moon. Real friends find ways to stay in touch and keep connected. I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie moves out and joins us in a couple of years, to be honest. She'd be more than welcome to. :)

I'm going to do some stamping today - gasp! LOL I have just not had time, and I hate it! But first things first, you know? I have got to get my house packed up and my life in order - I just can't relax and concentrate on creating artwork when my head is full of chaos! But I did decide I needed a therapy session today, and for me that means making a card for a challenge. So I will be back with my creation. Peace.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Your DD sounds to be a strong girl!! I love that you are blogging about your journey to a new place in your life!! Blessings and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete