Sunday, May 16, 2010

MelJen's Flowers Challenge

Happy Sunday! First things first - I made this card for the

MelJen's Challenge # 7 - Flowers & Blooms


I just love the way Melissa draws, aren't her characters simply precious?

Soooo - I can hardly believe it, but I think there's really a good chance we are going to move all the way across the country - from Massachusetts to California. My husband Jeremy has wanted to go for years - his mother lives there, northern California (click here to see pics from our visit). I could never imagine doing it - until I visited. I instantly fell in love and felt like I just "fit in." Jeremy's mom and husband want to down-size, so we are thinking about moving into their house when they move out. If we do, I think it will end up being around the end of July or early August - we have to go early enough to have time to get the kids enrolled in schools, but I also can't go too early because I have a few commitments around here to take care of before we go. Cassidy and I need time to say goodbye to our friends and family - Trevor and Jeremy could deal with saying goodbye via a phone call on the way there! LOL

We haven't really told anyone how serious we are about this yet - a few people know, but I think most people think it's just talk, dreams... that's how I felt when my husband talked about it for a long time. But my mother-in-law has a job lined up for me where I can work from home doing computer work and accounting for her Food Safety business, and my husband has several job opportunities - more than he's had here in over a year. I can be home when the kids come home from school - I can focus more on selling my cards and things, and I am seriously considering writing a book. I'm really excited but also nervous, of course. I'm very close with my sister and a few very good friends - it'll be hard not to be able to see them for extended periods of time. Thankfully, we have the Internet, though. And texting. LOL So that's what has been on my mind lately. I will, of course, keep you updated as to our plans as soon as I know more. :) Wish me luck!

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Designs challenge. We hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Jenn loving this card the colours and that super cute image but I have been reading your post and you go girl if I were in your shoes I would jump as high as I could at the chance. Seriously it sounds like a dream come true something that doesn't happen more than once in a life time. Both you and your family have such a wonderful opportunity that would be a shame to miss I really hope that it all comes to fruition I hope you will keep us updated as I really want to wish you all so much happiness for the future.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! I love how you've done his flower and such a lovely color!
    Good luck on your move! The West Coast welcomes you :) I'm in WA, but I have family in CA, it's beautiful and I wouldn't mind living there, either!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our "Flowers & Blooms" challenge at Meljen's Designs!! Good Luck!
    ♥Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete