Friday, April 23, 2010

Quixotic Challenge, nose rings, and pocketbooks

First things first - I so missed my stampin' stuff while on vacation! :) It's so good to be back!

This card is for the following challenges -

Quixotic Challenges - Make a Splash

Fab 'n' Funky Challenge - Get it all Out!

I used Merman Ian digi image by the Greeting Farm and those little circle sticky things have been in my stash for quite some time, I had never used them before. I didn't know WHAT to do with them until this challenge! LOL

On to the nose rings - ha! Yesterday was my daughter Cassidy's 15th birthday. She has been asking to get her nose pierced for at least 6 months now. I got mine done over 10 years ago and I still love it - I wanted it for quite some time before I did it, and I wanted Cassidy to do the same thing. I didn't want her doing something like that on a whim. So we brought her yesterday as a birthday gift, and she looks absolutely adorable - see?

This is her and one of her best friends, Kaylee:

This is the AWESOME hemp pocketbook that I bought at a store called "Hemp and Chocolat" in Guerneville, California:

And I couldn't resist this felt bag at another cool store called Yin Yang in Sebastopol, California:

All of the decorations, including the peace sign and the words, are done with glued-on pieces of felt or embellishments, it's quite a work of art. I love it! I also got some cute sterling silver peace sign earrings and a business card holder with a cool scene from Alice in Wonderland on the cover.

That's all for now - off to create some more! I cannot believe my vacation is near an end, I could definitely get used to being home full-time. Peace.


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad she had fun! I have wanted to get my nose pierced for a long time, too, but I never do it! I am so excited for her and it looks very kewl! Great bags. Love them!

    Also thank you SO much for the awesome images. I cannot wait to color and play! Glad you are back. Enjoy the rest of your vaca!

    Angel Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card,sweet image and fab colours thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely and lovely piccies too. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete