Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring-y weekend - not so good for challenges!

Sweet news - The Greeting Farm had a contest in their last newsletter asking us to create something in honor of the Alice in Wonderland movie being released. I was totally psyched for the movie and more than willing to participate in the challenge and guess what? I WON! :) Click here to see what I made. So thanks for sharing in my excitement!


Oh the weather outside was GORGEOUS this past weekend! Combine that with the fact that I went out Friday night and had a teensy bit too much fun and spent Saturday in full recovery mode... well, let's just not much got done around here this weekend! hee hee Jeremy and I decided to tag-team the floors yesterday, too, so I was only able to get a little bit of stamping in. So here's what I came up with for challenges:

For the Sweet Stop Sketch challenge 29 with a spin: Fuzzy Wuzzy!


I used digital images from All That Scraps, monkey and ladybug flower, along with my fuzzy felt flower from Stampin' Up! Cardstock, designer series papers, and markers by SU! also.

Now this card below is a very special card I made for a co-workers granddaughter. Her name is Rhianna and she was engaged to be married this summer, but she was recently diagnosed with a life-altering disease called Neurofibromatosis Type 2 (NF2). Rhianna learned recently that she will most likely go deaf in both ears soon, and she wants to hear her wedding vows - so they moved her wedding up to the beginning of April. She chose a pretty celery green for her wedding color, and I wanted to make a special card for her grandmother to give to her. I followed Stamping Bella's sketch challenge for this week so I could enter it, too:


I used SU! WW & Certainly Celery cardstock, glitter, Certainly Celery designer series paper and ribbon, a piece of sheer white ribbon, "Love" brad, and colored the cute couple with my Prismacolor colored pencils and blended with Gamsol. I hope she likes it!

Be back tomorrow with a few Easter cards!
Peace.

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and cute cards Jenn!!! you did amazing works ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest! The monkey.....darling! That felt flower....fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge

    ReplyDelete