Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Doodle Palace Featuring.... Me!

Yup, that's right! This is the surprise I was telling you about earlier - I got to design the challenge this week over at the Doodle Palace blog. How exciting is that? :) Check it out for the details and to enter. Here is the card I made - the theme is Summer/Beach and use at least 3 background/designer papers:


When I saw that adorable palm tree image by Doodle Palace, I knew right away what I wanted to do with it! I combined it with TGF's Merman Ian and Hula Anya and immersed myself in a warm, tropical fantasy... I live in New England. It's been a long winter. But today the sun was shining, it was a balmy 50 degrees out and I was inspired! I can't post this for a few days, so as not to ruin the surprise (I am typing this up on Saturday - I will be posting this on Tuesday). Let's hope the sun is still shining when I post! LOL
Anyway! The colors are mostly Tempting Turquoise, Taken With Teal, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa. I used some of my PrismaColor pencils blended with Gamsol, also. Ribbon, oval punch, and gemstone brads by SU!
Thanks for sharing my excitement with me. Thank you so much for leaving me such awesome comments and letting me get to know you. But most of all, thanks for likin' my stuff and continuing to come back and see what's new! Peace.

2 comments:

  1. VERY COOL!! Congrats on your challenge design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Love this card. It makes me sooo want to go on warm tropical vacation soon. But then again, like you said the weather here has been pretty good lately.

    ReplyDelete