Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Birds and blog candy

I love our yard. My house is surrounded by trees, and we see all kinds of birds in them. I hear owls all the time, I see hawks, cardinals, robins, chickadees, and lots more. I've never really been all that interested in birds until recently. I think they are fascinating and beautiful! One day, Jeremy called me at work to tell me that he had hung a birdfeeder in the pine tree right outside our kitchen window, and that it "sounded like the Congo out there." LOL He took a picture and I think they are American Goldfinch:
Anyone? Am I right? LOL

Then I was sitting on my porch one day, hoping to catch a photo of something good, when this pair of cardinals came long. I had no idea that female cardinals look so... well, not like cardinals at all! It was so interesting watching them - they are always together, and the male hovers above her, hopping from branch to branch while she sits there chowing away on birdseed. LOL You go, girl!

Here she is, a little suspicious of me, but still not disturbed enough to stop eating. hee hee

Now even closer - hey! Is she freaking posing for me? Isn't she pretty?

And here's the male, watching over her protectively. Awww... ain't love grand?


Now on to the stamping stuff! Here's a cute and quick graduation card that I made with one of the first digital images I've purchased, Grad Anya. Isn't she adorable?

There are so very many blogs out there, and my bookmarked list of "favorites" was growing so long, that I had to make a separate list of "most favorites"... hee hee FionaJ Cards is one of my most favorite! She's giving away some yummy blog candy, so check it out.

That's all for today. Peace!


2 comments:

  1. That is so cool to see all that wild life from your porch. With the brook around us, we see a ton including the cardinals that come back every year. I know have binoculars to enjoy the animals and birds even more. Maybe you need a bird book for your birthday?

    When we get together you have to tell me more about buying the digital image!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, your view looks great. I'm not sure about hearing all the birds early in the morning on Saturday though. Cute graduation card. So did you get your digi's to work?

    ReplyDelete