Saturday, August 2, 2008

There's a new Outlaw in town...

That's right, I capitalized Outlaw. That's because the new Outlaw in my town is this little guy here:


Need a closer look? Here you go:

It's a GECKO - here's the story: Trevor got some money for his birthday. While I was at work on Wednesday, Jeremy (my husband) and Trevor visited Petco. I had no idea this was going on, I got a text message from Jeremy saying something like "Wait until you see what Trevor got!" I'm thinking video game, some kind of weird skull jewelry, some type of fireworks, etc. Here's the birthday boy himself - notice the little-shit-smirk on his face? Yeah, that's the smirk that says "HA HA mom! Dad brought me to get this lizard-thing, so you can't even yell at me!"


He named it Outlaw. It's about 7 inches long, and it's skin is very smooth and soft, surprisingly. I expected it to be rough and scaly, but it's not. It's kinda cool, actually. I will say one thing, I would choose a lizard over a rodent any day. I don't do rodents. We had a guinea pig once, and that thing was one of the most annoying creatures that ever lived. It WHISTLED when it wanted something - LOUD and until you got it. And it smelled. Yuck - I absolutely refuse to allow another rodent of any type to live in my house, and if anyone ever sneaks one in, I swear I will give it to my cats as a toy. You've been warned. My sister had a hampster that she didn't want anymore (it was Josh's) and one day when Cassidy was over there, she calls me (my sister) and says "Cassidy's such a good girl, she helped me clean and stuff - so I told her she could take the hampster home." I was like "NICE TRY, SIS - no freakin' way!!!" LOL Dodged THAT bullet, let me tell you. Rodents belong in mouse traps or hanging out of a cat's mouth, period.Anyway, when I came home that day, I took one look at Outlaw and asked Trevor, "It's not going to try to sell me insurance, is it?" He was thoroughly confused. HA to you, boy! Bring home a lizard-pet, that's what you get - I'll tell jokes you don't understand! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Oh yeah, and guess how long geckos live? Nope - guess again.

TEN TO FIFTEEN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? There's a very good possibility that Trevor could still have this thing when he gets MARRIED and/or has children! So now I can't help but think - if he goes into the service as he plans, what will become of the gecko? I suddenly have visions of gecko-sitting, of being Outlaw's foster mother for a few years. *sigh* Oh the things a mother does for her children, huh?

Aaaahhhh...I love summer nights, the sound of crickets chirping outside... oh wait, those aren't outside. Those are upstairs in Outlaw's cage. Geckos eat crickets. We are now blessed with the chirping sound of crickets 24/7. Oh, the things a mother puts up with for her children. We really are a patient bunch, us moms.

Oh boy, I sound like a real martyr today. hee hee Yup, it's a rough life for us moms. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Geckos and all - I mean, at least it gives me something to write about!

Stay tuned for a very special blog about my friend Dan. Dan is Missy's husband and he was jealous that I did not mention him or put a picture of him in my last entry. So now I'm going to embarrass him and do an entire blog post about him, I'm just waiting for Missy to send me a good picture. hee hee


2 comments:

  1. YOU are a great mom too - you didn't freak out about the outlaw!!

    Hope your weekend is GREAT!! I hope you have a great BIRTHDAY week too!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Jenn,,,

    don't worry it won't live that long!! My kids had them.... We actually have them all over our yard here and they are great... Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete