Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tag - you're it!

I have been tagged! My wonderful friend Linda over at Behind My Red Door has tagged me. I am having fun doing these things, so I hope you are enjoying reading it all!

1. Name 5 things that I do for myself:
a. Stamp!!! I love to stamp, my favorite thing to do is make cards.
b. Read - usually Stephen King books, but I also love magazines and newspapers and other novels. I just love to read, I always have.
c. Go out with my friends every once in a while. I cannot imagine life without having fun with friends every now and then!
d. Lunch at my favorite middle eastern place at least once each week during the work week - Michelle and I cannot survive without El Basha's fatoush salad with grilled chicken, and mine must have feta.... yummmm... oh man, I'm on vacation and haven't had a fatoush salad in over a week! I'm having withdrawals just thinking about it!
e. Splurge every once in a while. I bought myself a nice new cell phone a few months ago and it actually made my stomach flip-flop to spend that much money on something for ME. LOL But it felt GOOD, let me tell you.

2. Name 5 kind things I do for friends, my children or partner:
a. My kids are teenagers - I pretty much do everything for them. LOL
b. Laundry - tons and tons of laundry.
c. I try to acknowledge everyone's birthday - I have a good memory for dates, and I remember the most random people's birthdays. I almost always bring a cake to everyone in my family on their b-day, because I just think everyone should feel special that day. When they complain about being another year older, I say "Well, what's the alternative?" LOL
d. Send cards - I like to make people cards when they need it, whether it's for a happy or sad reason, I like to let people know I'm thinking of them.
e. Rub backs - my husband has a bad back and my daughter just loves backrubs, and I often indulge them both. At least Jeremy just appreciates it - Cassidy gives orders: "Softer. You've been in that same spot for too long. Use your fingertips. Go all the way up to my shoulder. Now my arms." You get the idea. LOL

3. Name 5 kind things I've done for a strangers:
a. Sent cards and gifts when they are sick through ChemoAngels and Audrey's Umbrella
b. Quite a few years ago, I volunteered with another organization online and I ran a Christmas program one year that provided Christmas gifts to over 50 children. It was awesome and wonderful and exhausting! LOL
c. Let someone get in front of me in line at the store or bank
d. Let people pull out in traffic quite often, I believe in karma and all that
e. Talked/made funny faces at/to crying babies/toddlers in stores, etc., to try to make them stop crying while the mom checked out, whatever. You know you can TOTALLY picture me doing that, huh? hee hee

4. Name 5 hobbies I enjoy:
a. Card making/rubber stamping
b. photography
c. scrapbooking
d. Blogging and reading other blogs
e. Reading

Now I get to tag others. I never thought of this, but Linda mentioned it and I figured I should, too - I never want anyone to feel annoyed at this stuff or pressured to participate. I think it's fun - if you don't, just ignore it, no biggie! I guess you're supposed to pick 5 people, but I could only come up with four right now, so here they are!

Shelly aka Jaspere - Jaspere's Little Corner
Dirty Shanks - Dirty Shanks - warning - do not click here if you are a prude or do not wish to be subjected to crude humor. I happen to think it's hysterical.
Stephanie - Stephanie's Stampin Spot
Jennifer - Glitter in my Hair

Have fun!


2 comments:

  1. LOL - I can totally hear Cassidy ordering you around and I can totally see you making faces at a baby and the baby loving it!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your facts! Thanks for the tag & for thinking of me, I did mine if you wanna check 'em out! :)

    ReplyDelete